My family lives in North Auckland, New Zealand, on a rural property with a large menagerie of animals. I really value the space and inspiration for my artistic pursuits and the wonderful and unique environment to explore nature and raise children.
My art studio is nestled on our property under a stand of mature Puriri trees and at the base of covenanted bush - teeming with life which I have great respect for.
I believe small everyday decisions can make a difference to our environment and that every individual can too. This is reflected in my art practice and
I am passionate about working in an environmentally responsible way.
Some of the steps I am currently implementing in my life and studio include:
- Increasing the use of recycled objects in my artwork
- Using art supplies which have a low environmental impact and are cruelty-free to animals
- Recycling packaging materials & using alternatives to conventional bubble wrap where possible
- Being an active custodian for covenanted bush on our property which has native flora and fauna
- Re-wilding an area around a large pond on our land
- Supporting individuals/businesses with sustainable philosophies
- I am a proud member of The Jane Goodall Institute New Zealand and Forest & Bird.