>SUSTAINABLE ETHOS & PLANTING HOPE
My art studio is nestled under a stand of mature Puriri trees at the base of a covenanted native forest on our rural property in North Auckland.
It is teeming with untouched beauty and a history which I have great respect for.
I believe small everyday decisions can make a difference to our environment and that every individual can too.
This is reflected in my art practice and I am passionate about working in an environmentally responsible way.
Some of the steps I am currently implementing in my life and practice include:
- Increasing the use of recycled objects in my artwork
- Using art supplies which have a low environmental impact and are cruelty-free to animals
- Recycling packaging materials & using alternatives to conventional bubble wrap where possible
- Being an active custodian for covenanted bush on our property which has native flora and fauna
- Supporting individuals/businesses with sustainable philosophies
- I am the co-founder of 'Planting hope' - every time an original artwork is sold, a native tree is planted around a pond we are re-wilding on our property to help the environment. Since regeneration began birds, frogs, dragonflies and bees are all making a welcome return.
- I am a proud member of Forest and Bird New Zealand